ServiceNow Specialist (Senior)
• Performs configuration and administration of the ServiceNow Instances.
• Provide support to our customers and external providers.
• Perform advanced maintenance within the instances
• The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
DEVELOPMENT and TROUBLESHOOTING (EXPERT):- Demonstrates the ability to identify, locate, isolate, and resolve or repair complex problems in ServiceNow and related infrastructure. Able to make use of all of the advanced capabilities of ServiceNow to analyze the issues. Capable of finding solutions and answers beyond the area of specialty. Displays the competence to implement solutions that may go beyond the scope of immediate problem. Demonstrates persistence and thoroughness.
SOLUTION DESIGN (EXPERT):- Capable of designing and Building a solution within ServiceNow with the Out Of The Box strategy in mind. Gathers requirements, creates designs and presents designs for approval. Understands trade-offs between customization and maintenance effort and business value. Plans and consults with application developers and business clients for the development and implementation of basic solutions that meet business requirements including performance, efficiency, and cost. Creates, reviews and documents the solution.
APPLICATION INTEGRATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Integration of external data sources in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Integrations without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to support and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
• Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact our customer processes with minimal guidance.
• Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
• Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
• Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
• Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
• Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
• Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
• Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
• Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
• Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
• Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
• Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
• Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
• Generates new Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
• Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
• Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Job Skills/Necessary Knowledge Of:
• One of the main points of contact for our internal customers regarding the ServiceNow platform
• Lead the design and implementation of solutions that will help our internal customers optimize their work
• Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop and implement solutions with automated tests
• Support ITIL process team with guidance how to optimize the processes within ServiceNow
• Participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap
• Review work and assure adherence to best standards and practices
• Help setup a Center Of Excellence for het ServiceNow platform to enable Self Service for our internal customers
• Recommend ways to improve efficiency and quality of the current implementation and help improve them
• Bachelor degree
• 7+ years of IT experience
• 3+ years of experience in ServiceNow in ITSM and ITOM
• Certified in ITILv3 or higher
• Certified ServiceNow System Administrator, Certified ServiceNow Application Developer and/or Certified ServiceNow Implementation
• Experience in creating reports and dashboards in ServiceNow with Reporting and Performance Analytics
• Good understanding in Agile way of working
• Work experience in a large enterprise environment
• Good understanding of IT infrastructures like (Networking/Storage solutions/Virtualization/
• Good knowledge of integrations with SOAP/REST API
• Good understanding of out-of-the-box and customized integrations for ServiceNow