Application Engineer (Technical)
We are looking for a colleague who wants to join our Financial Reporting DevOps team. The team is responsible for the technical support of multiple applications. Next to OneSource (Thomson Reuters), SAP Disclosure Management and CXO-Cockpit we also manage the Oracle EPM Platform (the former Hyperion). The Oracle EPM Platform is hosting around 25 to 30 applications varying from Financial Close Management, Consolidation, Planning, Profitability & Cost Management and Essbase.
As a technical support team we are responsible for the applications to be available within the agreed service windows. We apply the latest (security) patches and build and maintain monitoring dashboards. We migrate applications built by the Functional Management team through the T / A / P environments. We solve incidents, analyze root causes and implement fixes. We help the business to automate specific tasks. We are responsible for our applications to comply with security and risk standards and to have the (security) documentation up to date and reviewed regularly.
• Experience with Oracle Middleware like Oracle Data Integrator
• Experience with Java based applications, so as to ensure familiarity with the Java landscape
• Experience with (web)servers like WebLogic, IIS and Payara
• Experience in OS scripting, preferably on Windows
• Microsoft (Windows Server) technologies like Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, ADFS, Group Policies, Firewalls and Proxies
• Experience in the Agile (Scrum) way of working
• Some experience Java programming (useful due to use of Java based API’s
• Basic SQL Knowledge
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to take up administrative tasks like writing and updating technical and security documentation
• A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Experience and interest in understanding the business, driving internal and external communications
• No 9 to 5 mentality
• Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines